Textiles are the UK’s fastest growing household waste stream. By reusing and recycling textiles we can greatly reduce the amount we send to landfill and give unwanted items a new lease of life.
As we work to a target of zero waste, less than 1% of what we collect through our clothing collection initiatives in the UK is sent to landfill while the other 99% is reused or recycled.
To help achieve our goal, we are a key stakeholder and steering group member of the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) as well as a signatory of the SCAP 2020 Commitment, which is a voluntary initiative that aims to improve environmental and ethical performance. Read more here: www.wrap.org.uk/content/scap-2020-commitment
- Associate Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group
- Bureau of International Recycling
- WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme)
- SCAP (Sustainable Clothing Action Plan) Steering Group member and signatory of the SCAP 2020 Commitment
- European Network on Recycling