Your donations help us raise millions of pounds each year for The Salvation Army’s vital work with vulnerable people in the UK. Thank you!
Our charity shops will happily accept the following items:
- Good quality women’s and men’s fashions
- Children’s clothing
- Accessories (including scarves, hats, jewellery, footwear, belts and handbags)
- Linens (including curtains and fabric)
- Home ware (including bric-a-brac, antiques and kitchen items)
- Books, CDs and DVDs
And you can help The Salvation Army further if you are a UK tax payer by gift-aiding your donations!
All we ask is that donations are in good condition and that they are handed to our staff or volunteers during opening hours (items left outside the shop can get damaged or stolen).
We are expanding our range of specialist charity shops. By searching for your nearest shop, you will find out what specialist items they sell and are able to accept.
- Small furniture: most of our charity shops will take small portable or occasional furniture items. Please call ahead to check before you visit the shop to donate your items
- Large furniture: we have two specialist furniture shops (in Luton and in Glasgow). Both shops have volunteer collectors and vans who can arrange collection of larger donations, often the next day
- Electrical: a growing number of our charity shops are able to test electrical items safely. Please call ahead to check if your nearest one will be able to accept electrical items